Thursday, December 18, 2008

Mount Singai and CMPC

Sorry for being MIA after my last post. I was busy with my Forex trading in order to build my experience. I even attended the Advanced Forex Class ran by Forex Investology since they were giving very attractive payment terms to their students from the basic class. If you've being following my other blogs, you would have known that I'm back in the blogging business so I need to keep this blog up-to-date as well. So here goes........


The obvious topic would be my trip to Mount Singai in Kuching, Sarawak. As an appetiser, below is a shot of the ultra-modern sculpture of Christ the King at the foot of Mount Singai, just before the trail going up.




The main focus of my trip to Kuching is a visit to the Catholic Memorial and Pilgrimage Centre (CMPC) at Mount Singai. The Centre is about half way up the the mountain slope and is accessible through a jungle track and wooden steps (made of belian, a type of local hard wood) most of the way. Mount Singai is located 30km west of Kuching and is 536m high while the Centre lies about 300m up. The Centre is located at the exact spot where Fr. Felix Westerwoudt, a Dutch Catholic missionary, first settled in 1885. You can read more about Fr. Felix and the history of the Centre here.


OK, enough of the appetiser. The main course will be served in the subsequent posts.


Ronald Kwok
http://cbpirate.com/s/cbp/ronaldkwok


No comments:

Post a Comment